POSITION: Seasonal Delivery Driver/Warehouse loading SEASON ENDS: 09/30/2016
DUTIES: Loading/unloading prepping, wrapping and racking plates, glassware, flatware, and catering equipment. Loading equipment on to trucks and shelves. Driving 14 foot box truck in Whatcom and Skagit Counties. Interaction with customers.
WAGE: $14-17/hr. DOE Keep any tips (though clients rarely tip) END of SEASON BONUS of $500 if you stay through entire season.
During off season, may still need your help but at less hours.
HOURS: 10 - 15 hours a week.
DAYS/TIMES: There is a pre-scheduled delivery calendar, though we sometimes have last-minute deliveries so you may be on call.
Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays. Some Weekdays. Split shifts throughout day with several hours break in between. LATE nights on weekends. Some nights until 1am or later.
Example: Saturday 8 am - 1pm, then 9pm-midnight or later same day.
Honestly, the hours are pretty wack.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs unassisted; push/pull/manipulate 75 lbs assisted with dollies/carts.
- Must remember and implement all safety procedures consistently.
- Ability to keep a level head in this high-stress industry. Must be able to think independently and take initiative.
- Attention to detail and pride in your work, but work at a reasonably fast pace.
- Must be able to count accurately and do multiplication quickly.
- Be able to interact with customers in a high stress state of mind. Keep a level head when everyone around you is crazy.
- Must have a cell-phone and reply to texts promptly.
- Mechanically minded individuals are highly valued.
CULTURE: We encourage innovative thinking and problem solving on your own. We value people who can learn quickly and take initiative with out having to ask or be told what to do. Work here is FAST paced, and we don't slow down for those who cannot keep up. If you will not take pride in your work, or understand what we do as a company and how important your part is in it - Please do not waste our time.
Smoking is not allowed during shift at any time at our business location, or at any delivery location, even during breaks. Delivery drivers cannot wear jewelry, long hair must be pulled safely back, and use of cologne/perfumes/strong antiperspirants are strongly discouraged.
Suitable shoes and clothing must be worn at all times.
Minorities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Bellingham Wedding and Event Rentals LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with its obligations under federal law, each company that is a federal contractor or subcontractor is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, disabled individuals, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam era, and other eligible veterans.