Drinks Per Bottle: Highballs, Cocktails, Mixed Drinks (1.5 oz. liquor servings)
Drinks Per Bottle: Table Wines, Champagne, Sparkling Wines (5 oz. wine servings)
Items needed by guest count
Online calculators for alcohol needs:
TotalWine.com: How much alcohol do I need?
Stocking a Standard Cocktail Bar:
If you do want to stock a full bar, most needs can be met by having the following on hand:
Vodka Rum Gin
Blended Whiskey Tequila
Stocking a Complete Cocktail Bar
If you want to offer more cocktail choices, in addition to the standard bar consider also stocking:
- Kahlua® or other coffee flavored liqueur
- Creme de Menthe
- Creme de Cacao
- Brandy and/or Cognac
- Grand Marnier®
- B&B® (Brandy & Benedictine)
- Triple Sec or Cointreau
- Apple Pucker Schnapps (for Appletinis)
- Bailey's Irish Creme
- Southern Comfort
- Peach Schnapps
Mixers and Garnishes
Depending on the cocktails you plan on offering, you may need any or all of the following:
- Juices – orange juice, grapefruit juice, cranberry juice, tomato juice or V8, pineapple, lemon or lime juice (fresh squeezed when possible or Roses), Pomengranate
- For fresh squeezed juices, you can estimate that the average lemon or lime will yield about an ounce of juice, an orange will yield between 1 1/2 - 3 oz. of juice depending on it's size.
- Mixes – Bloody Mary mix, Margarita mix
- Carbonated beverages – club soda, tonic water, cola, 7-Up or Sprite, ginger ale.
- Flavoring ingredients – Angostura bitters for drinks like Old Fashioneds, salt, pepper or horseradish for drinks like Bloody Marys, confectioner's sugar for fizzes an flips, grenadine, simple syrup, cream of coconut, etc.
- Dry vermouth if you plan on making martinis.
- Sweet vermouth if you plan on making Manhattans.
- Sweet & Sour
- Salt or sugar for rimming cocktail glasses (for Margaritas).
- Milk, half and half, cream, whipped cream or possibly even ice cream.
- Coffee – for hot drinks and last call, no alcohol.
- Garnishes like lemon or lime peel or wedges, orange slices, Maraschino cherries, olives, cocktail onions or celery stalks.