Here are some steps to begin your search prepared and pumped!
----START EARLY!---- Start researching at least 16 months in advance and book at least a year in advance.
- Have your guest list created and your number of guests (high estimate).
- Only look at places within your budget. Touring the 5 star hotel on the water will only make you upset that you can't afford it.
- Be flexible with your date. You will have so many more options if you are willing to shift it.
- Print out several copies of the Questions to Ask and fill one out for each venue you visit.
- Call potential venues and ask the important questions BEFORE you decide to schedule a tour. These initial questions can save you a lot of time and running around.
- Tour AT LEAST 3 venues. Never jump on the first one you look at. This isn't like trying on wedding dresses; every aspect of your wedding will be affected by this choice.
- List the Pros and Cons of each venue you are considering.
- Bring your fiance, your planner, and a person involved in the financial decisions (like mom). DO NOT bring you bridesmaids, sister, neighbor, mailman, gardener and pool boy with you. You don't need their opinion on this one.